Mineral insulated (MI) heating cables are designed for high exposure temperatures in hazardous and non-hazardous areas. MI heating cables are used when high power output or extreme resistance to environmental corrosives is needed.
- nVent RAYCHEM mineral insulated heat trace cables feature
- Power output up to 90 W/ft / 300 W/m
- Supply voltage up to 600 Vac
- Maintain temperature up to 550 °C / 1022 °F
- Exposure temperature up to 700 °C / 1290 °F (higher temperatures upon request)
- circuits up to 3 km from a single power source
- MI heating cables can be supplied as factory-terminated units with brazed or laser-welded technology, for consistent high quality and simplified installation
MI heat trace cables consist of one (single core) or two (dual core) conductors embedded in a highly dielectric magnesium oxide insulation surrounded by a seamless metal sheath. The cables are terminated at the extremities with a non-heating section (cold lead) and end seal.