nVent RAYCHEM self-regulating heating cables can be used to protect pipes from freezing, maintain process temperatures for liquids, heat tanks, melt snow on roofs and surfaces, provide instant hot water at the tap and even to heat floors.
As the inventor of self-regulating heat-tracing technology, with over 1.8 billion feet (550,000 km) of heating cable sold in over 100 countries, nVent RAYCHEM is the most recognized brand and global standard in heat tracing.
Safe and Efficient Operation
- No risk for overheating
- Uniform pipe temperature and energy saving
- Innovative materials and cross-linking technology for superior mechanical, thermal & chemical characteristics
Easy to Design and Install
- Unconditional T-ratings for ultimate safety in hazardous area
- Multiple overlaps without risk for overheating
- Cut to length and off-the-shelf available
- Easy to strip, splice and connect
Reliable and Long-Lasting
- RAYCHEM heating core inside
- 10 year product warranty (industrial)/12 year product warranty (commercial)
- Design life of 20 years or more
nVent RAYCHEM self-regulating heat trace cables consist of two parallel conductors embedded in a heating core made of conductive polymer. The core is radiation-crosslinked to ensure long-term reliability.
How Self-Regulating Heating Cables Work
Heat is generated as electric current passes through the conductive polymer core between the cable’s conductors. As the ambient temperature drops, the number of electrical paths through the core increases and more heat is produced. Conversely, as the temperature rises, the core has fewer electrical paths and less heat is produced.
nVent RAYCHEM self-regulating cable technology is available in a range of products suitable for use in the home, in construction for larger buildings, and for industrial-based applications.
Their main benefits are:
- Easy to use: can be cut-to-length on site
- Safe: can be spaced narrowly and even overlapped multiple times, without danger of overheating
- Energy saving: adjust their heat output automatically to compensate for ambient temperature changes, meaning that heat is only produced when and where it's necessary
nVent RAYCHEM self-regulating heating technology features:
- Maintain temperatures up to 150°C
- Exposure temperatures up to 250°C
- Circuit lengths up to 245m
- Product warranty up to 10 years (industrial) / 12 years (commercial)
- 45 years of experience, with 500.000+ km cables installed worldwide
Introducing a New High Power Retention (HPR) Technology
The nVent RAYCHEM brand is recognized for reliability, superior performance and longevity.
With the new HTV heating cable we introduce even higher levels of power retention and a design life of 30 years or more.
With recent innovations in material science and nanotechnology, nVent developed a brand new semi-conductive polymer nanocomposite with ground-breaking performance. HTV retains at least 95% power retention after 10 years operation at maximum operating temperature (205°C/400°F).
nVent RAYCHEM, a Legacy of Innovations
50 Years of Self Regulating Technology
Did you know nVent RAYCHEM was inducted into the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) “Milestones Program” as the patent holder and producer of the world’s first conductive polymer self-regulating heat tracing cable?